Electronic Fund Transfers Your Rights and ResponsibilitiesIndicated below are types of Electronic Fund Transfers we are capable of handling, some of which may not apply to your account. Please read this disclosure carefully because it tells you your rights and obligations for the transactions listed. You should keep this notice for future reference. Internet Banking Computer Transfers - types of transfers - You may access your account(s) by computer through the internet by logging onto our website at www.csbjc.com and using your user identification and password, to:
- Transfer funds between checking, money market and savings
- Make payment from checking, money market or savings to load account(s) with us
Get information about:
- the account balance of checking, savings, money market, certificate of deposits and load accounts
- the last statement cycle's deposits to checking, money market and savings accounts
- the last statement cycle's withdrawals from checking, money market and savings accounts
For determining the availability of your transfers, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a transfer before 2:30 p.m. on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your transfer. However, if you make a transfer after 2:30 p.m. or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the transfer was made on the next business day we are open.
Please also see Limitations on frequency of transfers section regarding limitations that apply to computer transfers.
Limitations on frequency of transfers. In addition to those limitations on transfers elsewhere described, if any, the following limitations apply:
- Transfers from a Money Market account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, telephone, or computer transfer are limited to six per statement cycle with no more than three by check, draft, debit card, or similar order to third parties.
- Transfers from a Personal Savings account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, telephone, or computer transfer are limited to six per statement cycle with no more than three by debit card or similar order to third parties.
Documentation Periodic statements. You will get a monthly account statement from us for your checking accounts. You will get a monthly account statement from us for your savings accounts, unless there are no transfers in a particular month. In any case, you will get a statement at least quarterly.
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION'S LIABILITYLiability for failure to make transfers. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance;
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- If you have an overdraft line and the transfer would go over the credit limit.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
CONFIDENTIALITYWe will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- where it is necessary for completing transfers; or
- in order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- in order to comply with government agency or court orders; or
- as explained in the separate Privacy Disclosure.
UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFERSConsumer liability. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within 2 business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card and/or code without permission. (If you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen, and you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card and/or code without your permission.)
If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card and/or code without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
Contact in event of unauthorized transfer. If you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this brochure.
ERROR RESOLUTION NOTICEIn Case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers, Call or Write us at the telephone number or address listed in this brochure, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or is you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number (if any).
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, a point-of-sale transaction, or a foreign-initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. Your account is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit is made, unless each of you already has an established account with us before this account is opened.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Citizens State Bank
201 South Third, P. O. Box 1190
Ganado, Texas 77962
Business Days: Monday through Friday
Excluding Federal Holidays
Phone: (361) 771-3391
More detailed information is available on request.